Photobucket

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy World Vegan Day


Okay, so it's 11:15pm but i just realized it's World Vegan Day and i had to send out this post to wish all my vegan friends a happy day. Why have such a day, you ask? Because not everyone celebrates with us so it's important to do so ourselves. Because some people are quick to judge us if we're not 110% vegan. Because people think we're unhealthy, radical, or too idealistic. Because people always feel the need to ask me why i'm a vegan. Because i make the effort and commitment to live as i chose to.

Because i deserve to eat my (cup)cake too.

Have a great day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

happy vegan day, vania! you are one of my very favorite vegans! i was gonna write a post about all my favorite vegan foods for vegan day but i'm too tired. but maybe later!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea such a day existed, and now I'm sad that I missed out! Oh well, every day can be vegan day for me, even if the rest of the world doesn't agree.

Happy World Vegan Day!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not 110% vegetarian either...But I do try!
Had I known it was 'World Vegan Day' yesterday, I would not have eaten proscuito ;)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

10:47 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

Happy Day After World Vegan Day! I did know the day was happening, but I didn't really feel like attending the awesome events in the city for some reason.

Do you have The Book?? I've looked for it in Chapters but couldn't find It!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I wish there wer more people in the world like you!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Happy belated Vegan day to you my friend. You DO deserve your cupcake too.

9:39 AM  
Blogger busy hands said...

I also didn't have a clue the day existed, but I'm putting it on my calendar for next year!

4:39 PM  
Blogger jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:25 AM  
Blogger jen said...

(oops, too early to type properly!)

i didn't know it was vegan day either! that's what i get for not checking vania's blog every day.

happy belated vegan day to a wonderful vegan!

vegan cupcakes for everyone!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home