Photobucket

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Meet the Improved Craft Corner

I hate when a week goes by and i haven't written in my blog. Most of the time, it's because i'm too tired, don't know what to write, procrastinate, etc. but this time i was just too busy to steal time for my beloved blog.

I am in full force here with holiday gift-making. I have about 60% of gifts chosen and about 45% of them made. So i just have to keep going. Of course, as always, i get sidetracked. For instance, as a lover of mail (besides the regular shipment of bills), i was happy to come home to the pattern i ordered off EBay. I am obessed with capes and found the perfect pattern. I'm going to make the one on the right. So, i went out yesterday to find the perfect fabric to go with it. I'm calling this a holiday present for myself. The fabric is a wonderful barkcloth with a floral print that is just this side of being too much. In my opinion anyway.

The other great thing with this high-time of craft making is that i need to really organize my craft area. So, J and i problem-solved how best to update my craft corner that is located in our dining room. We seldom eat there - unless we're 'entertaining' our living room couch acts as a perfect eating area. Anyway, J put up some great shelves that now house my tins full of craft supplies. The corner is still a bit busy but we're getting there.

I wish i could share with you what i'm making, but i know some of my readers will be recipients of said gifts so i promise to share with you post Dec 27!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Oooh I love the shelves with the tins. Fabulous craft corners. And couches definately make a comfier eating spot!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, wall shelves rock. I've yet to live someplace I've felt like it was worth the bother of putting them up (I seem to move at least every year, if not more often), but I'll have a house someday...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

neato!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how your cape turns out. That pattern is fantastic!

3:59 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i can't wait to see the cape either!

i'm always so impressed with how productive you are at making stuff. you are like a little craft-making machine! i'm not making ANY holiday presents this year. too stressful! i hope i don't get kicked out of the crafty girls club.

9:39 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

aahhh, finally catching up on blogs! that cape pattern is too cool! can't wait to see it in action when it's all finished.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home