Photobucket

Sunday, November 04, 2007

New Fall Jacket

My mom wore this jacket years ago (as she likes to remind me, when she was my age). I have had it with me for years but never really liked how it looked on me. The colour is lovely - a vibrant pink with gold checkers, so i thought it would be a perfect project for me to try and restructure.
With the current trend of short jackets and fewer buttons, i wanted to turn this classic little double-breasted number into something more fun. So, i hemmed the sleeves to 3/4 (which i think is so classy!), shortened the length of the jacket to just above a pant waistline, and got rid of the double-breasted collar and buttons. This also enabled me to make the jacket fit me a bit better and i used a lovely vintage flower button. After dry cleaning it, i got rid of the faded colour, the pressed collar as well as most of the marks from the removed buttons.

This little number is perfect to wear in the fall as it's made from some sort of synthetic tweed that keeps me warm, and i can wear it with my vintage pink elbow gloves!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Great recon job!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great work! Looks awesome!

2:58 PM  
Blogger torrance said...

that looks really good! good job

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home