Photobucket

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Season of Knitting

With the cold and wet parts of Fall upon us again, i am busy at work knitting. And, so is my mother. She has whipped up a bunch of items for my sister and i (aren't we lucky?). I am slowly moving along with the Kimono sweater for J, but was able to whip up a hat for me in no time. Of course.

The green sweater above is from my mom, and it's all from one kind of yarn - the stripes and colours i mean, because it required a lot of BALLS to make. I'll ask her the name of the sweater soon, but it's lovely and just oodles Spring for me. Thanks mom!

For some reason, this photo uploads sideways, so i hope you can see things alright - the baby blue hat is one from my mom. It's from Twinkle's Big City Knits. The deep grey is using the Daisy stitch - i'm a big fan! - and is from Debbie Bliss' Como book.

I am hoping to get on a couple more projects soon, including some chunky mittens with cable stitch, but have yet to find a pattern i like. J's sweater better be done at least before Spring rolls around!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

Great sweater - I love it! And that spring feeling will come in handy to lift your spirits in the middle of dark February :) The hats are awesome too - I've been meaning to make the hat with the button for ages. I started knitting a blanket during our drive out west, but didn't get as much done as I'd wanted to.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty top! I've always liked the raglan sleeve. I guess it's back in style.

I think you were meaning to write the word "whip" not "wipe" - sorry, I couldn't help myself. I hope you don't mind :)

Samantha

1:58 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Sam, thanks for the help with my spelling. My partner also pointed it out to me, and it was only after he got over his rather lengthy giggles. It told me i should ALWAYS edit before posting!

9:15 AM  
Blogger jen said...

love the sweater!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Vania, I guess spelling has always been one of the things I was good at so I tend to be a bit of an 'annoying' perfectionist with words. It's just one of my many obsessive compulsions :D

Sam

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home