Photobucket

Friday, May 19, 2006

Comfort Food Dinner


I love comfort food, and being able to make dinners that are quick and easy, and of course, tasty. When J and i are too tired to cook more elaborate meals (which happens a lot), we can always rely on our good ole Scrambled Tofu. We have it for brunch, but mainly these days we have it for dinner. It's great with a side of fried tempeh strips. The other day, we had scrambled tofu with shittake mushrooms, red peppers, broccoli, and onions. J makes it tasty yummy, because he adds curry and some other secret spices. I added a side dish of roasted sweet potatos and asparagus with Herbes des Provence. All that in 30 minutes and less.

Maybe one of us vegans should start our own cooking show?

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

funny, aa has filmed me a couple of times while i've cooked, kinda like a joke cooking show. though it would be totally fun to do. have you ever seen post punk kitchen? it's pretty good...and they have a lot of fun in the kitchen and a band plays on each show!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Yummy. Now I am hungry.

I could absolutely picture you as a host of your own Vegan cooking show.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

mmm I'm hungry now, too. Tempeh is one of my favourites.

We definitely need a vegan cooking show! For people like me who are sometimes too tired to work out the subsitutions.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, looks delish!!! You have a very nice blog here!!

And, I'd watch your tv show!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the woman who started the post punk kitchen has a wonderful book out (cookbook + advice on starting your own public access show), it's called vegan with a vengance.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home