Photobucket

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Whew, i'm Tired


I just got this great trim package from Ohbara, and it prompted me to join the world of blog again. It's been a while since i last appeared, or even read, on the blog world. Work for some reason is really busy and i'm just too tired by the time i get home. It's crunch time for me at work, with one job wrapping up in July and the other job picking up momentum. Plus, of course, planning the biggest party of my life adds to the work.

I'm taking it all in stride, or at least in baby steps. Speaking of baby steps,i have 6 friends who are becoming new moms, and that means lots of baby presents! I love Amy Butler's Nappy Bag, and have made 1 already, so between that and knitted baby booties, vintage fabric bibs, baby quilts, i'll be a busy grrl!

Of course, i also need to do stuff for me, so i've been working on a top for the Sew! I Knit club, and i'm excited to make my first top from scratch (not just a restructured one!). Did i tell you i finished my first quilt? A year later, but i'm so happy with it (see pictures from my long weekend getaway), so now i'm already thinking of another big long-term project. Though having said that, i am making a celebration quilt as my 'guest book' for my Big Day. I'm asking guests to either contribute a square already done, or spend time during the day to make a square. We've bought fabric markers and some other fun things to inspire creativity. I will then alternate the canvas squares with vintage squares of fabric. So instead of a book that i will never read again, this quilt will be used and cherished.

I also made the cutest fabric flag to put up on a wall, to enclose our Dinner Table Seating Plan. I am so excited about decorating, and i want it to be colourful but staying in the shabby chic vintage 50's vibe. We'll have a collection of vintage aprons on backs of chairs, and my classic hat collection will make an appearance as well. I've collected 70 tea cup saucers for the dessert plates, and still have a lot to do! If anyone has any fun decoration suggestions, remember blue, orange, vintage and feel free to let me know!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vania do you have a copy of the nappy bag? They are sold out and I want to make one for a baby Wyatt and his Mommy! Please take loads of pics of your big day, I can't wait to hear all about it!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wow, you blow me away. I cannot believe all the wonderful ideas you have for decorating at your big day. I especially love the quilt idea. That is perfect.

Swamped with work and still so terribly creative. You inpsire me woman :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love that nappy bag, too. I've been thinking of buying one of her patterns, but not sure which. I've already got the apron, and loved making it. Sorry to hear you've been so tired. You have a lot going on! I'm sending my best to you through the blogosphere and hoping it gets to you! I'm always glad to see you here (btw).

9:35 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

I'm glad it got to you safely & that you like it. :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Robyn, i got the duck from a trim swap with OhBara, so i don't know where it's from. It's cute, though, huh?

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home