My Summer Plans
I have a lot to do this summer, and most of it is fun fun fun! I love outdoor music concerts, and supporting the bands i love in general, so i'm going to a bunch of concerts. I usually go to 3-4 times a year, but this summer alone, i think i'm going to 5 concerts!
Here are some of them in order of dates:
* Amy Millan (last night) - she rocked!
* Broken Social Scene, Feist, and more - Olympic Island outdoor concert
* Hillside Music Festival - Sarah Harmer, Feist, Amy Millan,
* Ben Harper
* Free concerts at the Harbourfront
I'm excited that one job will be wrapping up in July, and then i will have a 3-day work work. I can't wait! I've worked 5-day work weeks for as long as i can remember, and i will treat myself to taking the summer 'off.' I will make sure to spend more time with 'me' and do things like:
* afternoons reading in the park
* swimming at Sunnyside - it's a great historic pool; if you read Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assasin, it's that pool!
* taking a morning yoga or Nia class
* sewing my quilts
* working on my other craft projects
* meeting all the new babies in my life - 5 friends are having babies this year!
* wandering around neighbourhoods i don't usually have the time to discover
* cooling off in the local library
* creating fun vegan dishs
* going to my parents' cottage and swimming in Lake Huron!
* garage sales and Aberfoyle Antique Fair trips
* a trip to San Fransisco/Vancouver with my honey
* planning and organizing my big day....
Summer also means fun festivals in the city, like the annual South Asian Cultural Fair, the Vegetarian Festival, and cool DIY arts and crafts shows like The Kit and Kaboodle Show, the Toronto ArtCrawl, and more!