Photobucket

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cottage Picture Story


I was as busy as i hoped to be - especially because the weather was nasty. Not raining outright but cold to the bones and windy. I think i didn't leave the cottage all day Sunday except to get more wood for the fire. On top of it all, i got my period early and was Not Prepared for it - oh the cramps!

I made my first pair of adult-size slippers - nothing fancy but oh so warm. And, Krissy what i called bottle-cap pieces are also known as yo-yos. See the picture below!

One great thing was what was on the menu. Our friends have moved to their cottage, temporarily, and that means a well-stocked kitchen. We are so thankful to them for putting together such a great weekend. We ate (vegan) waffles, tofu burgers with homemade fries, squash soup, breakfast quesadilas, pizzas (vegan for me), injera, roasted banana boats with vegan marshmallows, and had great drinks like bloody marys! Yum!

So, here's a picture story of our fun times:






7 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

SOme pics I couldn't see but the ones i could are awesome! Glad you had a nice time. LOVE the cats with the purple door! Question: what is/are injera? jw

11:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh no, cut butternut squash!!!!!

other than that, an exciting post! so happy to hear about a lovely rainy day cottage time!

12:37 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

ohhhhhhh, yo-yo's!! now i know what you mean. for the life of me, i just couldn't understand how you were going to make a soft, cozy quilt with bottlecaps. hee hee strangely, i've been very curious about yo-yo's/bottlecaps lately and wanting to learn how to make them because i once saw a quilt made with them and it was *beautiful*! someday i'll google that and figure it out. making a quilt is way beyond my skill level at this point in my life. i cannot wait to see yours though! your weekend looks so cozy and relaxing.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Oh that veggie burger and fries makes me hungry....

Glad you had a nice weekend :)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are they called yo-yo's?...the only 'yo-yo' I'm acquainted with is the toy yo-yo I played with as a child.

Is this quilt meant to be decorative or are you going to be sleeping under it?

Just curious, that's all :

p.s. for the woman asking about "injera"...it's this roti-like Ethiopian bread that has a spongy/rubbery texture and tastes kind of sour-ish...not exactly for everyone's tastebuds.

9:13 PM  
Blogger vania said...

Krissy, go to Hello My Name is Heather for a tutorial on yo-yos, thanks Rita for your injera description for Harmonia - you beat me to it! The yo-yos are detail on a quilt, but also for other things like a belt and bracelet/cuff!

11:11 PM  
Blogger jen said...

sounds like a lovely, and productive, weekend!

i love the idea of visiting a "cottage," no one around here has cottages. they only have "cabins" and "beach houses."

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home