Photobucket

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Swap Just for Me!


Notice the newest sidebar logo on the left? Thanks to a post on Carla's blog, i found a new swap for me to be a part of. It's a craft swap for vegans! With a name like my blog, i just had to join! I've done a few swaps before but am really excited about this one!

As requested, here are my answers for the swap: NOTE THE REVISED ANSWERS

1) What is your craft, & how long have you been doing it?
I love making jewelry, namely beaded earrings and necklaces. I also love knitting and sewing things like aprons and baby gifts (for my friends). I have just started quilting and i love that. I'm hoping to better my craft at sewing, though.

2) Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
A vegan!

3) What is your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike a color(s)?
LOVE Blue – turquoise/baby/aqua and dislike red

4) Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods or cigarette smoke)?
I have lots of allergies but that doesn’t stop me. I have allergies to animal dandrin (but have a cat), dust, eggs, mould, grass, ragweed, and react to smoke.

5) Do you have any companion animals? If so, names and types?
I have a cat named Shuma. We found him near my parents’ cottage. He’s 2 and has a twin brother that lives with our friends.

6) Do you collect anything?
Oh, where to start? I collect vintage aprons, vintage sewing patterns, decorative tins, vintage kitchen utensils, shoes, purses (do those count?). Let me get back to you on that because i know my partner will say i collect more!

7) Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish?
Good dark chocolate that’s also fair trade. Hands down.

8) What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list).
I would love new trim and I have too much fabric – I am running out of space to store it all. I can't think of what else on my wish list though. I also already have enough knitting needles (straight and circular) as well as fabric holders for them. I could use some small dpn for socks (i.e. size 2) though. Also have enough seed beads but am always looking for cool beads and buttons!

9) What type of handmade item would tickle your fancy? What don't you like? (Keep in mind this swap is open to all types of crafters.)
Oh wow, this is a hard question: I love getting beads more than jewelry as gifts because that’s so personal and selective. I MEAN I HAVE MY OWN TASTE. I love nice soaps that are vegan (instead of stinky stuff) as well as pins and brooches. And, i love getting cute knitted things (like toy animals) and things with transfer images on them. I'm also really into cross-stitch things that i can use as art or make into other projects with!

10) Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
Um, I work as a counselor for abused women who lives in Toronto, a pretty vegan-friendly place! I love DIY things and really respect women who can balance their many hats!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Your swap sounds like fun. I loved reading your answers. I am always so in awe of how crafty you are!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

It'd be great to get that soy whipped cream in the swap! I haven't seen it or Hip Whip in Canada.

The Veg Pal swap will be fun!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

And to answer your question on the cookalong: I got the Hello Kitty lunch containers in a Sanrio store at the Eaton Centre, it was in the smaller food court near the A&W, I don't know if it's still open

9:41 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

i think mishka mentioned somewhere she could get it in canada! though i don't know where...

hmmm, i just might do this!

2:19 PM  
Blogger busy hands said...

I now have a new mission in life:

Find canned soy whip

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found and joined our swap!! :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

tried it last night! consistency wasn't what i remember (a little thinner, no?) but taste de-lovely!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home