Photobucket

Monday, January 29, 2007

J's Laptop Cozy

J got a cute Apple iBook a few months ago, and has been lugging it around very carefully. Over the holidays, he asked me to make him a laptop sleeve. I wanted to find something that matched my sewing skills (early intermediate) as well as his needs - something that protected the computer but could fit in his actual school bag. We also didn't want to find something too gender-defining, so i went on the web and searched around.

I found this great tutorial. His commentary was a bit much for me, but i loved that he reused a pant leg and an old sweatshirt: A project perfect for my Restructured Projects. I followed the instructions pretty much to the T, but i did add a pocket to the front of the sleeve.

Whew, that's one thing off my list!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent job!

9:48 PM  
Blogger jen said...

great job, i love it!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Lucky J! It's awesome! Reduce, recuse, recyle!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vania now your are in my area (computers). I think I could use one for my ibook at the cottage. Enjoy your blog, it obviously requires a lot of work. Great to see that you've made it to print.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

rad! and check yer email cause there's a message for YOU!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home