Photobucket

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ber-et?

I made another new hat this week. I think i can admit i have too many winter hats and scarves. Yes it's -24 outside and a girl can benefit from a bit of variety, but i think i need to settle down with just a couple of hats. Right?

So, i made this one - it's a beret pattern. I love how berets look and i had yarn left over for this pattern. I thought it would be fun to make, and easy because it was knit with only 2 needles - and sewn closed. I have a habit (some would call this a continuing error) to make hats too big, especially for J. I followed the pattern to a T (except for my creative colour choice, that is - but this way it matches a whole bunch of mittens and scarves!) and yet my hat did not look like a beret when completed. As suggested, i did sew in an invisible elastic band to help close it a la beret, but i think it still doesn't look berety enough. Oh well, at least it's pretty and warm.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that beret looks great! I love the colors! I think it looks great with your hair.

Its a good time for hats now. I never used to wear hats. I was convinced that they didn't look right on me. But now with the cold, I'm glad I can knit myself a hat to suit my mood! Thanks for the pattern link!

3:06 PM  
Blogger jen said...

definitely pretty and i too love the colors.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's more of a 'hippie chic' beret than a French beret. It suits you!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

You can never have too many hats!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Lovely hats, and lovely cat! Vegan berets!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home