Photobucket

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Winter Vacation Plans

I made some great cookies this week, to welcome back the show Lost. I made Green Matcha Tea Cookies and they were quite tasty, if i do say so myself. I didn't have rolled oats, as the recipe calls for so i added shaved coconut, and instead of cranberries i used raisins. They both added a great touch. Oh, and i substituted oil for the egg. Thank goodness these cookies were good because, besides the fun green colour of them, buying matcha powder is not cheap. I had no idea what it cost for a cup of it until i came home and read the receipt of my grocery bill. Yikes! Oh well, now i can try the green tea cupcakes in The Book.
On other news, i have this upcoming week booked off work and am so excited. J and i really can't afford to go anywhere so we're converting our apartment into a cottage and our city into tourist central. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, doing some crafts projects i've been neglecting, and otherwise just taking some much needed break from work.

On My List of Activities:
* finish that barkcloth cape
* my own coasters
* finish some sewing errands like hemming pants, fixing a shirt, etc.
* cooking some new recipes like a chocolate pie, and more cupcake recipes
* reading some of my books like Misconceptions, A Bed of Red Flowers, and some magazines that i hope are coming in the mail soon
* watching the first season of Charlie's Angels
* have Valentine's Day mystery dates with J - we each have to plan something 'intimate' and something in the city for the 14th
* taking a road trip home to visit family - on the bus, so i hope i can get some knitting done
* sleeping
* sleeping
* sleeping

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! As someone who alos works in Social services-- self care is totally necessary! And well-earned! Have a fabulous time. Those cookies look green! How did the macha affect their flavor?

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cookies are perfect for
St. Patrick's Day :)

Enjoy your week off!

1:34 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Thanks you two - Steph, the green tea added an 'interesting' smell to the cookie dough, but otherwise didn't really have a strong flavour.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vania, I tagged you. Read my blog to see why... When you are "back" from you time off of course.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting book choice Vania! Anything new???!!! It is nice to see what you have been up to lately, I'd love to chat!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home