Happy Women's Day!
Happy International Women's Day everyone! Please make sure to pamper yourself (if you identify as a woman) and those women in your lives!
Being a woman today is, to use Martha's words, a 'good thing.' Being a feminist for me doesn't mean i'm not supportive of men or think anyone is better, but we still live in a patriachal world. So, i think it's important to love being a woman. I am proud of being a woman for so many reasons, but here are 10 just to share with you:
1) I love wearing heels but also being able to walk in them with confidence
2) Nothing beats the clitoris
3) My breasts are big, beautiful, and mine
4) I am proud of being 'emotional' aka sensitive, compassionate, loving, and caring
5) I can cook, bake, unplug the toilet and program the VCR
6) I love my connections with the women in my life
7) I celebrate my period
8) Nothing beats a pregnant woman's glow
9) I knit, wear aprons, and love getting my hands dirty
10) I love using my voice and i will be on Saturday at the march
What are some of your reasons?
Today, i promise myself to eat a great dinner, buy myself flowers, splurge on good chocolate, and be loved by my man....
What will you do to celebrate yourself today?