Six Things About Me
Steph tagged me to do a meme. While i'm not usually such a fan of them, i did want to share this one with you: the point is to share 6 'weird' things about myself. J thinks the idea is so funny because who would want to out their weirdness, but i think this is one way to show just how individual and unique we all are. Plus, i struggle with the word 'weird' - it's very othering and creates difference that can be based on judgement.
So, here are 6 things, out of many i'm sure, that make me unique. In no real order, just the order that they fell in my head - i had some difficulty of even thinking of one thing at first....
1) I cry during all dance performances, be it a live ballet, watching So You Think You Can Dance, or anything else - i grew up dancing and feel really connected to it still.
2) I live for miso gravy and tempeh in any way, not necessarily together. If i could, i would have each thing at least once a day.
3) I organize my clothes in my closet by colour and season - when i buy a home, it will have to have a walk-in closet for me because i'm running out of room.
4) I am not afraid of many things - be it the dark, spiders, snakes, roller coasters but i am afraid of skiing (nasty accident growing up)
5) I am really into order - i will tidy the apartment each night before going to bed. Like, i have to have a clear dining room and kitchen table, no coffee cups can be left on the coffee table overnight, and i hate clutter. Getting me to actually clean is another story. Cat fur balls, dust, and dirty stove tops can fester for days, ahem, weeks.
6) I love all things from the 1950s - aprons, hats, dresses, shoes, you name it - and i collect them all. I think i lived in other times and the 1950s is the most recent one. Being a strong feminist, i think i am currently re-claiming the 1950s housewife/submissive woman stereotype and making it my own. Being a vegan, i can poke fun at cute kitchen things and make them practical in a way that doesn't include meat.