Photobucket

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Tags

Just a quick note to check in with you all, as we're still in holiday mode here. Christmas is a week-long vacation for us, not just two days!

This year, as usual, i wanted to do something fun for gift wrapping and tags. I decided to not buy any new wrapping or bags, nor gift tags. So we used old gift bags (even ones that weren't so festive like this one above) and i looked through my stock of old holiday cards to make gift tags. I don't know why i keep all that i do, but luckily i had a lot of old cards that i could re-use. They make simple tags and are great for my wallet and Mother Earth!

I also used old fabric that i didn't want anymore. I found festively coloured ones from a trip to India i made, and also used fabric remnants from recent projects. Fun and a great way to add to the gift itself!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

What a great way to reuse the cards! I usually use them postcard style or for invitations to a christmas bash but that is a wonderful idea!

6:21 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Great ideas!

This year we used old Christmas cards and saved/used wrapping paper to turn a paper grocery bag into a gift bag, collage-style.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make tags from cards too. Boxes, as well! Happy New Year from the Thriftgoddess!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home