Photobucket

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby on the New Blocks

I love making things for my wee one. Luckily, now that he's actually starting to interact with toys (and in fact ANYthing can be a toy these days - i love the discovery phase he's in!), i've been able to set aside time to make him some goodies. And, what fun i've had both making them and playing with them too.
I love wooden blocks, but i also love the idea of soft toys. As someone who already loves the simplicity of everyday objects as toys, I got re-inspired by great and lovely book, The Creative Family, as there is a discussion of making toys and using organic materials. I set out to make a set of 4 soft blocks. My sis went to Hawaii a while back and bought me these fabulous fabric squares - yes already cut coincidently to size - so it was easy to make them. I made some fun embellishments on them too; shapes, 1-2-3-4, and some added do-dads (cloth flower, balls).
Li'l C loves them and it's especially dreamy for me to see him reach for them. We're not shy around colours here, and it looks like he's not falling far from the tree, if you know what i mean!

Next up, some softies to help him sleep better. Hello Ms. Lovey!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Natural Violet said...

Wonderful blocks and sweet little guy!! I see Brown Bear in the back also. One of the first books we read to our little guy and he still loves it.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

Ahhh, the blocks spell CLEM - cute! Glad the fabric was useful. I wasn't sure what you would do with them, but loved that Hawaiian fabric!

5:16 PM  
Blogger kayla said...

great blocks! i still want to make some soft blocks for my cora. thanks for visiting my blog!

and your little guy was born on my birthday.:)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home